Two large coating machines dedicated mainly to the production of pharmaceutical pellets are about to leave the Nicomac plant these days. Solid wall drum with 1,200 liter capacity, powder dosing unit and loading/unloading system. The testing is finished and the machines are ready to reach the customer.
Once the last stages of the production process were concluded, the testing confirmed the perfect functioning of the two large coaters for pharmaceutical pellets production projected and realized by the Nicomac team. These are examples of truly relevant dimensions from the SWC Premium – Solid Wall Coater line. The main technical characteristics of these coating giants are:
- capacity of 1,200 litres
- solid wall drum
- 3D Shark fin baffles®
- adjustable spray gun arm (SCHLICK model spray guns)
- Blow Master® drying system
- automatic powder dosing unit
- patented loading and unloading system
- Wash and Clean in Place system
- PLC-PC control system
The production process
Pharmaceutical pellets are produced through a stratification process of liquids and powders (powder layering). The different production phases take place following the preset recipes (software compliant with CFR 21 Part 11):
- spraying of the binder solution between the substrate (cores) and the subsequent layer of the active ingredient
- dosing of the active ingredient via the automatic powder dosing unit
- layering of the active ingredient
The entire production process lasts between 7 and 10 hours depending on the type and size of the active ingredient powder and, obviously, depending on the dose of the active ingredient you want to have in the finished product.
SWC Premium coaters are equipped with an automatic washing system that allows cleaning the air extraction channels, through high-pressure divospheres or spray balls, and the entire machine drum.